The United Kingdom submitted on March 29th 2017 the notification of its intention to withdraw from the Union pursuant to Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. Now since 1 February 2020, the United Kingdom is a ‘third country’.
Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 on cosmetic products no longer applies to the United Kingdom. This has in particular the following consequences for cosmetic products placed on the EU-27- or UK-market as of the withdrawal date:
- responsible person within the EU-27
- responsible person within the UK
- UK importer from EU-27
- EU-27 importer from UK
- EU-27 importer of a product not produced but imported into UK
- CPNP-notification (transfer only possible till October 31rst)
- loss of CPNP-access to UK responsible persons from November 1rst on
- product-information-file (location)
- safety assessments/safety-assessor education recognition in EU-27
For details see the EU commission publication (click here) with advice to European cosmetic industry for the Brexit-procedure.
ICADA offers to function as your bridge connecting geographical Europe: in conjunction with the ICADA-UK representative we offer lean cost, fast and reliable advice, due dilligance service and responsible persons on both sides of the bridge. Send your inquiry to mail(at)icada.eu
We keep geographic Europe sticking together